Paying Your Way: Fares and Passes
View route maps and schedules
Route Fares (one-way)
Seniors 60+ $0.50
Persons with Disabilities $0.50
Children (under 5) FREE*
*When accompanied by a fare-paying adult.
We offer route service throughout Ontario County. Keep in mind that the bus stops shown on all RTS Ontario routes are only the major stops. There are additional stops along the route.
Route Deviation Service
Route deviation fares will be charged twice the route fare without discounts.To reserve a ride, call during our regular business hours at least one day before your desired trip, and up to one week in advance. Monday reservations must be placed by 3:00pm on Friday.
$10 Value Pass - 11 rides
$20 Value Pass - 23 rides
Save money by purchasing a value pass, available on any RTS Ontario bus and valid on RTS Genesee, RTS Ontario, RTS Orleans, RTS Ontario, RTS Seneca, RTS Wayne and RTS Wyoming routes. To purchase, simply tell the Bus Operator you’d like to buy a value pass.
How to Pay
Paying your fare is quick and easy!
- Pay with cash. All of our buses take cash fares. To avoid delays, please have the exact fare ready when you board. If you’d like to purchase a Value Pass at this time, tell the Bus Operator before you pay.
- Pay with a value pass. Hand your value pass to the Bus Operator. Once they’ve punched your card they’ll hand it back to you. It’s as simple as that!
How to Buy a Bus Pass
You can buy passes at our main office at 2930 County Road 48, Canandaigua, and from your Bus Operator. Passes purchased from Bus Operators or the main office must be paid with cash.
Rules of Bus Pass Conduct
- Customer must be in possession of any bus pass while aboard the bus.
- Customers are prohibited from passing back their own fare to another customer when boarding the bus.
- Bus passes are non-transferable. All bus pass purchases are final. RTS does not offer refunds for misplaced or damaged bus passes.
- To avoid being victim of fraudulent or forged passes, customers should purchase fare passes only from RTS.
- Operators will not honor fare passes that are damaged, mutilated or expired.
- Supervisors have the authority to confiscate invalid passes and/or remove any person not following these rules.