Keeping It Safe
At RTS Genesee, we work hard to give our passengers a safe and secure ride. But you can help too! Just follow these simple steps:
- Be aware of where the emergency exits, windows and ceiling hatches are located.
- Always follow the directions of your Bus Operator and other transit officials.
- Report items that may be have been lost or left behind to your Bus Operator, other transit officials, or police officers.
- Be on the alert for suspicious activity involving people or packages.
If you see something, say something. Report people who:
- Loiter, stare or watch employees and passengers in a suspicious manner.
- Pace around, act nervous or “jumpy.”
- Abandon items and quickly depart.
- Act in a disorderly manner and disturb others.
- Use cameras, cellphone cameras, or other photographic equipment in secure transit facilities.
- Carry a weapon or appear to have a weapon.
- Wear clothing that is extremely inappropriate for the weather such as a heavy coat on a hot day.
- Show signs of illness or distress.
Report suspicious packages that:
- Are placed in an unusual, out-of-the-way location.
- Have attached batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags that might contain chemicals or explosives.
- Appear to be leaking smoke, mist, gas, vapor, odor or fluid.
- Have a threatening note attached or match a description in a publicized threat.
WARNING: Do not touch suspicious items or confront someone who is acting suspiciously. Notify your Bus Operator, other RTS Genesee employee or a local police officer – or call 911 – right away.