How to Schedule a Ride
Call 585-224-8330, and you will hear:
Thank you for calling RTS Access.
If you wish to check the status of a trip or cancel a reservation please press “1” now. (You will need your birthday and client ID #)
For eligibility, appeals, certification or application questions, please press “2.”
To request a trip, please press “3.”
To transfer to lost and found press “4”
Select 3, and you will enter the queue to schedule a ride.
Please have the following information ready when scheduling a ride:
- Your name
- Date of your trip(s)
- Your pickup and destination address: let the scheduler at which entrance you want to be picked up. When appropriate, name buildings or landmarks.
- Your cell phone number, if applicable, or the telephone number at your destination.
- The time you wish to be picked up.
- If you will be traveling with a PCA, guest(s), or both. Please notify the scheduler if the PCA or guest is traveling with any mobility devices.
Please provide the same information for the return trip.
Helpful things to know when calling in:
- Schedulers are busiest at 8:00 a.m., when the call center opens. If you call later in the day, you will find a shorter wait time. Schedulers become busier again from 3- 5pm.
- Reservations can be made up to a maximum of seven days in advance.
- When reserving a return trip from a medical appointment, remember that medical appointments are rarely completed on time. Please allow additional time for your requested return pickup time. Paratransit requires a minimum stay of one hour after a drop-off at any destination.
- You can request up to six trips per call.
- The scheduler will arrange your trip while you are on the phone, and will give you a window of time for your pickup.
Booking Extra Guests
- Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) you may book yourself, one guest (companion) and a PCA. Beginning January 1st, 2020, you may book all of your guests when you call to book the ride
- If you are traveling with a child, you may use the sedan service. It will be your responsibility to bring a car seat and install the car seat.
- If you do not have a car seat when we arrive, you will be given time get a car seat. Children that are required to be in a car seat will not be transported if you do not have a car seat.
- Beginning January 1st, 2020, service animals will be allowed in sedans. You may travel with your service animal and we will only refuse transportation to the service animal if it is out of your control
Please Remember! Our schedulers will ask you if you will be travelling with guests, PCAs or have a mobility aid or service animal. We do this to be sure that we select a vehicle that will have space to accommodate your request. Please inform us at the time of booking so we can have the most accurate information for your operator!
While Access may continue to operate during adverse weather conditions, there may be times when local road conditions impact the drivers reaching you, please be patient.
Designated Pickup Locations
There are designated RTS Access pickup spots at busy locations. Please contact the scheduling office with any questions.