Henrietta Area Service Changes
Beginning on August 31, 2015, RTS will provide customers with greater connectivity, faster service, and less overlap and confusion between routes. Three new routes and two redesigned routes will streamline service and provide new access to key retail, business and residential destinations.
The revised and new routes are:
- 24 Marketplace Mall / RIT
- 101 Avon / Rush Park & Ride
- 23 Jefferson Rd
- 83 Calkins Rd
- 124 Marketplace Limited
View Maps for Routes 23, 24, 83, 101, 124 (.pdf)
View Route 124 Marketplace Limited's bus stops and ID numbers
- The new route 124 – Limited Stop Service to Marketplace Mall will provide faster service between the RTS Transit Center and Marketplace Mall.
- Current Route 24/24 A will be split into routes 24 and 23
24 Marketplace Mall/RIT will continue to provide service to Monroe Community College, the Henrietta Walmart, the Marketplace Mall and RIT.
24 Marketplace Mall/RIT will not service the Scottsville Park & Ride. Learn about commuting alternatives (.pdf)
23 Jefferson Rd will travel between the RTS Transit Center and Marketplace Mall, and will add service to Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road. Stops include Frontier Commons, Tops Market and the Henrietta Walmart.
- Current Route 101 will be split into two new routes, 101 and 83
83 Calkins Rd will provide increased service to busy destinations in the Henrietta/Calkins area; i.e. Wegmans, Frontier Commons, Bryant & Stratton and Henrietta Town Hall.
101 Avon/ Rush Park & Ride will continue out to Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls and Rush, adding a new stop at the NYSDOT Rush Park & Ride. The primary morning and evening trips between Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls, Rush and the RTS Transit Center will be maintained; one morning trip will be removed. The morning trip will depart Avon at 6:17am, Rush P & R at 6:36am and arrive at the RTS Transit Center at 7:20am. The evening trip will depart the RTS Transit Center at 5:20pm and arrive at the Rush P & R at 6:03pm; Avon at 6:28pm
These changes are being made as a result of customer feedback which was provided at Public Listening Sessions that took place in July and August of 2014. Customers told us that:
- The overlap of Routes 24/24A and 101 can be confusing
- More frequent service to Marketplace Dr. and Walmart is wanted
- Pass-ups were common, especially at Rustic Village Apartments, and the area between RIT and Marketplace Mall
- Increased, direct service to RIT and the Marketplace Mall is wanted
- Route 101 customers want a more direct and consistent commute
Information sessions were held during the first two weeks of August 2015. If you weren't able to attend a session or have questions, please contact us at Monroe@myRTS.com or 585-288-1700.