July 27, 2015
Customer information sessions will outline changes for RTS’ busiest area
RTS customers will soon see added service and improvements to the Henrietta-Jefferson Road corridor in the Town of Henrietta. Two redesigned routes and three brand new routes will streamline current service and provide greater access to key retail, business and residential destinations. Changes will go into effect on Monday, Aug. 31.
RTS has scheduled six information sessions for customers and community residents to learn about the route changes. Dates of the sessions are:
- Tuesday, Aug. 4—Marketplace Mall Food Court, 3-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5—Rustic Village Entertaining Center, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6—RTS Transit Center, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 8—RTS Transit Center, 9:30-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11—RTS Transit Center, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 12—Marketplace Mall Food Court, 3-5 p.m.
Existing bus routes being modified are 24/24A Marketplace Mall/East Henrietta and 101 Avon. New routes will be designated 23 Jefferson Rd., 83 Calkins Rd. and 124 Marketplace Limited. Highlights include:
- Current route 24/24A Marketplace Mall/East Henrietta will be split into routes 24 Marketplace Mall/RIT and 23 Jefferson Rd.
o 23 Jefferson Rd. will travel between the RTS Transit Center and the Henrietta Walmart and will provide new service to Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road. Stops along 23 Jefferson Rd. will include Frontier Commons, Tops Market and the Marketplace Mall on Hylan Dr.
o Route 24 Marketplace Mall/RIT will continue current service to Monroe Community College, Marketplace Mall and RIT (Current route 24 service to the Scottsville Park & Ride will be discontinued.)
- New 124 Marketplace Limited will offer a faster connection between Marketplace Mall and the RTS Transit Center.
- Current route 101 Avon will be split into two new routes: 101 Avon/Rush Park & Ride and 83 Calkins Rd.
o 83 Calkins Rd. will provide additional trips to destinations in the Henrietta/Calkins Rd. area; i.e. Wegmans, Frontier Commons and the Henrietta Town Hall.
o 101 Avon/Rush Park & Ride will continue to serve Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls and Rush.
§ There will be a new stop at the N.Y. Department of Transportation Rush Park & Ride.
§ The primary morning and evening trips between Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls, Rush and the RTS Transit Center will be maintained—except for one morning trip, which will be removed.
The route changes and additions are being made as a result of customer feedback, which was provided at two Public Listening Sessions that took place in July and August 2014.
Henrietta-area service changes are part of RTS’ transition from an outdated public transit model and routing system to one that’s highly efficient and provides service where and when customers need it most.
For those unable to attend an information session, schedule details and route maps can be viewed online.
Comments about the proposed changes can be made by contacting RTS Customer Service at (585) 288-1700 or by emailing them at Monroe@myRTS.com.
Back to all news