Paying Your Way: Fares and Passes
- Adults $1.00
- Reduced Fares $ .50 (all day)
- Children age 6 -11
- Seniors age 65 and above
- People with disabilities
Customers receiving reduced fares may be asked to show a government-issued ID or Medicare card when boarding.
- Children age 5 and under ride free (limit 3 per adult).Children age 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- RTS Access Customers ride free with their RTS Access ID; visit myRTS.com/access for details.
- PCAs traveling with RTS Access Customers ride free (limit one PCA per RTS Access Customer).
- Veterans with a Veteran's Outreach Center-issued bus pass; learn more and apply at VeteransOutreachCenter.org/rts.
Fare Media and Passes
Available at Ticket Vending Machines and myRTS.com/buy-passes.
With RTS Go, you only pay for the trips you take – the more you ride, the more you save! RTS Go offers "fare capping" - regular fare is applied until the maximum daily or monthly amount is reached. After that, you ride free!
Your RTS Go account, available as a card or through your mobile phone, is reloadable. Learn more about RTS Go.
Blue passes do not offer fare capping and are not reloadable. Available in the following amounts:
- All-Day, Adults: $3.00
- All-Day, Reduced: $1.50
How to Buy a Bus Pass
You can buy passes online, at Ticket Vending Machines at the RTS Transit Center and at our main office at 1372 East Main Street.
You may also buy a pass on the bus through the farebox. Please tell the Bus Operator you want to buy an All-Day Pass BEFORE putting money into the farebox. You must have exact change.
To avoid being victim of fraudulent or forged passes, customers should purchase fare passes only from the farebox or ticket vending machines.
Rules of Bus Pass Conduct
- Customer must be in possession of pass while aboard the bus.
- Customers are prohibited from passing back their own fare to another customer when boarding the bus.
- RTS fare passes are non-transferrable. All bus pass purchases are final. RTS does not offer refunds for misplaced or damaged bus passes.
- To avoid being victim of fraudulent or forged passes, customers should purchase fare passes only from RTS authorized sales outlets or ticket vending machines.
- Drivers will not honor fare passes that are damaged, mutilated, expired, or that are indicated as invalid on the fare box.
- RTS Supervisors have the authority to confiscate invalid passes and/or remove any person not following these rules.
RTS Lifetime Pass Application
Are you a senior citizen 90 years or older and ride the RTS bus? If so, you can apply for the RTS Lifetime Pass which entitles you to ride FREE on any RTS bus at any time. Download an application.