Paying Your Way: Fares and Passes
Route Fares (one-way)
Seniors 60+ $0.50
Persons with Disabilities $0.50
Children (under 5) FREE*
*When accompanied by a fare-paying adult.
Dial-A-Ride Fares (one-way)
$10 Value Pass - 11 rides
$20 Value Pass - 23 rides
How to Pay
Paying your fare is quick and easy!
Pay with cash.
All of our buses take cash fares. To avoid delays, please have the exact fare ready when you board. If you’d like to purchase an RTS Seneca Value Pass at this time, tell the Bus Operator before you pay.
Pay with a value pass.
Hand your value pass to the Bus Operator. Once they’ve punched your card they’ll hand it back to you. It’s as simple as that!
How to Buy a Bus Pass
You can at our main office at 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo or from a Bus Operator. Passes purchased from Bus Operators or the main office must be paid with cash.
To avoid being victim of fraudulent or forged passes, customers should purchase fare passes only from RTS.
Rules of Bus Pass Conduct
1. Customer must be in possession of any bus pass while aboard the bus.
2. Customers are prohibited from passing back their own fare to another customers when boarding the bus.
3. RTS Seneca bus passes are non-transferable. All bus pass purchases are final. RTS Seneca does not offer refunds for misplaced or damaged bus passes.
4. To avoid being victim of fraudulent or forged passes, customers should purchase fare passes only from RTS.
5. Drivers will not honor fare passes that are damaged, mutilated, expired, or that are indicated as invalid on the fare box.
6. RTS Seneca Supervisors have the authority to confiscate invalid passes and/or remove any person not following these rules.
How to Buy a Value Pass
Save money by purchasing a value pass, available on any RTS Seneca bus and valid on RTS Genesee, RTS Livingston, RTS Orleans, RTS Ontario, RTS Seneca, RTS Wayne and RTS Wyoming routes. If you would like to purchase a value pass, just:
• Before you pay, tell the Bus Operator you’d like to buy a pass.
• Pay the fare for your value pass.