Route Deviation (Regional)
RTS Genesee, RTS Livingston, RTS Ontario, RTS Orleans, RTS Seneca, RTS Wayne, and RTS Wyoming all provide Route Deviation and Dial-A-Ride service.
Route deviation service is available in Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. It runs on established routes with designated stops.
The bus may deviate from the route to serve points within ¾ mile off the route, providing curb to curb service. Following an off route deviation, the bus will return to the point on the route it left.
Anybody traveling in within the service area can use route deviation; it is not like complementary paratransit which is strictly for people with disabilities who are certified as eligible for the service.
All service is curb-to-curb for areas open to the public within the service area.
Any person can request the Operator to deviate up to ¾ mile off the route. To request an off-route pickup, you need to use Dial-A-Ride to reserve the pickup time in advance.
These requests are a fundamental alteration of service and will not be considered reasonable under the ADA for trips on route deviated service:
- Any request that requires the Operator to leave the vehicle unattended
- Requests to deviate from the bus route and scheduled stops or beyond the established deviation distance (except within a reasonable distance to avoid an obstacle)
- Requests to provide personal services to a customer, such as entering buildings, opening interior doors, unlocking doors, or lifting a customer
- Requests for door-to-door assistance (guiding the customer from the bus to the door of a building or vice versa)
- Driving onto private property (one-way driveway or gated community)
- Carrying luggage, bags, or packages
- Arrange a reasonable modification in advance when possible by calling the appropriate number.
- RTS Genesee 585.343.3079
- RTS Livingston 585.658.4690
- RTS Ontario 585.394.2250
- RTS Orleans 585.589.0707
- RTS Seneca 315.539.1844
- RTS Wayne 315.946.5617
- RTS Wyoming 585.786.6050
- Describe the modification you need and the reason you need it.
- Specify the date on which you need the modification and the length of time it is needed.
If you cannot make a request for a modification in advance because you were unaware of a condition or barrier at your destination until arriving, you may make the request at the time of service. Personnel at any subsidiary may consult with management before making a determination to grant or deny the request.