Plan Your Trip with RTS Livingston
Got a date and destination in mind for your next trip? That’s all you need to find the right bus route and schedule times.
- You’ll find trip planning tools, like real-time maps and schedule information. You can also sign up for automatic notifications about bus arrival times online with Where’s My Bus? Or, download the Where’s My Bus? app for your smartphone or tablet from the Google Play Store or Apple Store!
- Schedules are available on our Maps & Schedules page, at our offices and on many of our buses as well.
- Find the trip planner on our homepage at myRTS.com/Livingston.
We pride ourselves on our on-time performance, but please note that all times shown on schedules are approximate. Buses can get stuck in traffic just like everyone else. To make sure you get on board, plan on getting to your bus stop early. We recommend you arrive five minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
Be aware that schedules are different for weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Be sure you choose the right schedule for your trip!
Holiday Schedules: RTS Livingston service does not run on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
How to Read a Bus Schedule
- Look for the day of the week you plan to travel.
- Figure out which direction on the route you want to go.
- Look under the heading for your preferred direction.
- Find the column for your bus stop. If your bus stop is not listed, find the column for the stop that comes before yours.
- Find the listed time that’s closest to when you want to travel. Don’t forget to check whether it’s AM or PM.
- Plan to arrive at your stop five minutes before the listed bus arrival time. To avoid delays, please have your exact fare ready.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning your trip.
RTS Livingston bus schedules show the major intersections or stops on your route. Make sure that a time is listed for your destination. If no time is listed on the schedule for the major stop or intersection, the bus will not stop at that location. There are, however, bus stops along the route in between the stops indicated on the schedule that may not be listed. To make sure your bus stops at your preferred location, please give us a call at 585-658-4690.
On suburban or long-distance routes, Bus Operators may stop on request to pick up or discharge customers.