RTS Transit Center Features
The enclosed, climate-controlled, RTS Transit Center's unique design and user-friendly features transform Rochester’s public transportation service and provide convenience, comfort, and safety for customers as well as visitors to downtown Rochester. More than 20,000 daily downtown RTS customers are able to transfer and wait for all RTS buses indoors, replacing the outdoor lineups that used to occur along downtown streets. The 30 bus bays accommodate up to 100 buses per hour, helping to keep passengers on their way and on time to their destinations.
The RTS Transit Center will offer:
- Electronic displays of departure times
- Ticket vending machines
- Customer Information Desks
- Trip Planning Kiosks
- On-site security
- Public and family restrooms
- ADA Compliant Features
Fast RTS Transit Center Facts:
- Can handle up to 100 buses per hour
- Measures 87,000 square feet
- Has 30 bus bays - 26 indoor brick-enclosed bus bays and 4 spots on Mortimer Street.
- Is built to Silver-level LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certifications
- Has heated flooring for customer comfort during the cold, winter months