February 18, 2021
After postponing Reimagine RTS' launch due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have a new launch date: Monday, May 17, 2021.
Has it been a while since you've thought about Reimagine RTS? We've got you covered. Here's a primer on what's coming on May 17:
What's Reimagine RTS?
Reimagine RTS is a redesign of Monroe County's public transit system to better meet our community's needs, demands, and expectations. This mass transit plan is designed to work with new mobility options to provide customers with a modern, relevant transit system that is frequent, reliable, and connected.
What benefits will Reimagine RTS bring?
More Frequent: more trips on our most popular routes:
- 10 routes will run every 15 minutes, M-F, 6am-6pm
- 20 routes will every 30 minutes, M-F, 6am-6pm
- RTS Connect's service day runs until Midnight, seven days a week
- RTS Connect, our name for our fixed routes that run 40- and 60-ft buses, will be more dependable.
- RTS Connect (fixed routes) will run seven days a week until Midnight, and do the same thing each trip
- Plan your trips knowing that the system is more consistent
More Connected: the reimagined system will provide more ways to get from point A to point B – and beyond.
- Three new crosstown routes provide ways to navigate Monroe County without going downtown or through the RTS Transit Center
- Enjoy a more customized, flexible, and reliable experience in RTS On Demand zones
- Travel within the zone or connect to RTS Connect – the choice is yours
How is my route changing?
There are a few ways to start getting familiar with the new system:
When will more route information be available?
Additional guides about the system and On Demand zones, printed maps, and videos will be available starting in mid-April. Printed route schedules should be available in early May.
How did you decide to make these changes?
The Reimagine RTS process has five stages.
- During Stage One, RTS worked with Transportation Management & Design, Inc. (TMD) to determine the fixed-route system structure where we operate our 40- and 60-foot buses.
- During Stage Two, we worked with the IBI Group (IBI) to identify new, innovative solutions for the On Demand Zones.
- Stage Three focused on determining the solution for a paratransit service that complies with all necessary regulations and maintains service for all current customers.
- Stage Four introduced the final plan for the reimagined system, which was approved by the RGRTA Board of Commissioners approved this plan.
- Stage Five is the implementation of this plan, which goes live on Monday, May 17, 2021.
View our resource documents.
I still have questions.
Please visit our Reimagine RTS website or contact us.
Back to all Blog posts