You have the right to appeal
- Eligibility determinations of ineligible
- Eligibility types other than all-trip
- Service suspensions resulting from service infractions
We will send you the appeals form and policy when you receive notice from us.
Sending in an Appeal Notice
- Eligibility appeals must be received within 60 days of the date listed on your eligibility notice.
- Service suspension appeals due to service infractions, must be received within 14 days of the date listed on your service suspension notice.
- We will provide you with 10-day advance notification of the appeal hearing date and time.
If you appeal a service suspension due to service infractions, your suspension is put “on hold” and you may continue to book rides until the appeal is heard and an outcome is issued.
Appeal Hearing and attendance
You do not have to be present for your appeal and may submit any documentation you feel necessary in support of your appeal. However, if you wish to appeal in person, RTS Access will contact you to schedule the hearing. Should you fail to appear, the appeals committee will still review your appeal and make a decision.
Notification of Outcome
- Eligibility and Eligibility Type – You will receive notification within 30 calendar days of the appeal meeting.
- Service Suspension due to infractions - If the service suspension is upheld, the suspension will be enforced starting the 1st of the following month.
What it is and how it works
- Customers have the right to appeal a decision of eligibility or type of eligibility for service, a warning notice or suspension for service infractions or suspensions for prohibited conduct
- For decisions of eligibility, type of eligibility or warning notice/suspension for service infractions, you will be sent a simple form that you can complete and return
- For suspensions as a result of prohibited conduct, you may appeal only if the suspension is for 31 days or more. Refer to “Rules of Conduct for Transit Vehicles, Facilities and Properties” for more information.
What happens if you wish to appeal
- For decisions of eligibility or type of eligibility: you must complete and submit the appeal form within 60 days of the date in the letter.
- For warning notices or suspensions as a result of a service infraction: you must complete and submit the appeal form within 14 days of the date in the letter. If your service infraction resulted in a suspension, that suspension will not be enforced until the appeals committee has made their final decision.
- You do not have to be present for your appeal and may submit any documentation you feel necessary in support of your appeal
- We will work with you to schedule a date for the appeal if you wish to appear in person. Should you fail to appear, the appeals committee will still review your appeal and make a decision.