September 01, 2017
Regional Transit Service (RTS) today announced schedule changes that will be going into effect on Monday, September 4, and Tuesday, September 5 for the start of the new school year.
Service for the upcoming school year includes:
- Route 4 Genesee: Service to Wilson Commencement and Wilson Foundation will resume on weekdays.
- Route 33 Goodman: Service to Bishop Kearney High School will resume on weekdays.
- Route 37 N. Clinton: Service to the Sproule Field House at West Irondequoit High School will resume on weekdays.
- Route 38 E. Main: Service to East High School and Mercy High School will resume on weekdays.
- Route 40 Portland: Service to Bishop Kearney High School will resume on weekdays.
- Route 47 Monroe: Service to Pittsford Sutherland and Pittsford Mendon High Schools will resume on weekdays.
- Route 53 S. Goodman: Service added to Empire State College on Westfall Road.
- Route 74 RIT TE3: Saturday evening service will resume for the new school year.
- Route 104 Brockport: Service added to Monroe BOCES #2 in Spencerport.
- Route 172 N1 Nazareth College – Pittsford Plaza: Service will resume to Pittsford Plaza on Sundays for the new school year.
- Route 177 Naz Night Express Nazareth College – East End: Service on Friday and Saturday nights will resume for the new school year.
New service for Monroe Community College (MCC) will begin for the new school year on Tuesday, September 5:
MCC students, faculty and staff who show their MCC ID to the RTS Bus Operators on these routes will ride free according to the following schedule.
- Route 5 MCC Downtown: Operates Monday – Friday, every 10 minutes between 6:55am and noon, and every hour between 12:21pm and 9:11pm.
- Routes 55 MCC Brighton & 155 MCC Brighton ROC-it: The existing Route 50 MCC is renamed Route 55 MCC Brighton. Route 55, along with the addition of the 155 MCC Brighton ROC-it, will operate Monday – Friday from 6:30am – 5:30pm, arriving at the loop on MCC’s Brighton Campus every 30 minutes.
- Route 23 Jefferson: Members of the MCC community traveling to and from the Brighton Campus, Monday – Friday after 5:00pm can ride free on Route 23 Jefferson.
Improvement to Route 35 St. Paul on weekends:
- All weekend schedules for Route 35 St. Paul will alternate trips to Summerville and Irondequoit Plaza.
“With the start of the new school year upon us, students, faculty and staff will once again rely on public transit to get to school, work and after school activities,” said Bill Carpenter, RTS CEO. “Success for RTS during the school year requires a balance between meeting the needs of the schools we serve and the customers who build their lives around the public transit system. I am confident we will be successful this year because of our partnership with the Rochester City School District, the colleges, universities and businesses we serve, and the hard work of the entire RTS team.”
***Holiday Schedule Note***
Due to the Labor Day Holiday, RTS will run on a holiday (Sunday) schedule on Monday, September 4, and resume regular service on Tuesday, September 5. RTS runs on a Holiday schedule on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Updated route maps and information can be found on the RTS website at https://www.myrts.com/preview.
# # #
Back to all news