RTS Transit Center
The RTS Transit Center – opening November 28, 2014 – heralds a new era in RTS customer convenience and connectivity.
The RTS Transit Center – located on Mortimer St. between North Clinton Ave. and St. Paul St. – is truly innovative. Fully enclosed and climate controlled, its unique design and customer-friendly features make it easy for customers and visitors to Rochester to enjoy the ride with RTS.
More than 20,000 daily downtown RTS customers can now enjoy the comfort and safety of our new building instead of worrying about the weather outside. The Transit Center’s 30 bus bays can accommodate 100 buses per hour – keeping everyone moving and on time.
See more in the Transit Center photo gallery.
- Electronic displays of departure times
- Ticket vending machines
- Customer Information Desks staffed with friendly customer service representatives
- Trip Planning Kiosks
- On-site security
- Public and family restrooms
- ADA Compliant Features
Fast Facts about the RTS Transit Center
- It’s a one-story, 87,000-square-foot facility that’s completely enclosed from the elements.
- Its 30 bus bays can accommodate up to 100 buses per hour.
- The project cost $50 million to complete. Funding was provided by the Federal Transit Administration (80%), the New York State Department of Transportation (10%), and RGRTA (10%).
- Design and construction partners for the RTS Transit Center include Bergmann Associates, The Pike Company, and LeChase Construction Services.
- The RTS Transit Center is LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certifiable at the Silver Level.
We Welcome Your Feedback
Have a comment or question about the RTS Transit Center? Please let us know using our online feedback form.